Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wellington Under the hammer

I've long since lived near this city called Wellington, Kansas. Often it's dwarfed by Wellington, New Zealand, But I'm often draw back by it's old downtown, and it's eerie stead-fastness. I know it sounds like a cheap line to try reselling a town's history to the new people walking the local roads. I don't think so. I see regrowth.

I see a Small downtown with life a-bloom. What is there you say? My brief talks with a building owner gave me the feeling that the
downtown's going to be a Beautiful people's place. I believe more than 25% of downtown Wellington is up for lease, and or Rent, and just needs that bunch of hard working, and Imaginative businesses that this country is known for.

I've spent many a day zooming up, and down the main street without so much as a cricket to walk across my scooter's path. Wellington has so much to offer. To it's town, and it's people.
The newest rebuilds are above, and to the left. I have on good authority that the one above has a Nice loft in it, and the Store front was recently used to test the market. Sadly I missed out on that. I hope the owner gives it another chance in the spring. the Markets really show more hope during the spring, and summer seasons. People of Wellington walk down the main street, and look through the more than often empty windows thinking what they'd love to have as a business to spend a pence at. I know I'm guilty of such aspirations
myself.

All we need is those farmers to give that "Nod", and put out the word that work is needed, and a town can once again spring to life. Too long has it been since farmers thought of more than McDonald's, and the gas stations as the only java in town. I think that's the reason why the bakery left, and the lawyers, and oil peoples set up shop in downtown. Why is the only college outlet in the highschool? isn't there enough room, and business to be had in downtown. I look forward to this Spring. You should take a look. It's Beautiful

Share/Bookmark

No comments: